Date Posted: Thursday 2nd May 2019
Date Expires: Sunday 2nd June 2019
Percy & Reed is a young, British premium hair care brand that continues to enjoy rapid growth and success in the UK and internationally. Underlying our witty and charming British humour is the professional expertise that has allowed Percy & Reed to develop a selection of indispensable, high quality, award winning haircare products. These little gems enable all women to attain fool proof results effortlessly, and look and feel fabulous all the time.
As Percy & Reed continues to grow, both domestically and globally, we are looking for a PR & Marketing Assistant to help support these vital teams. This a great opportunity for a young, eager person who is looking to grow their PR & Marketing network and experience in a hands-on role.
Reporting to: Global PR Manager
Provide key support function for all PR & Communication activities. Support the PR Manager in achieving the department’s key objectives including achieving press coverage in target publications and via key influencers, plus providing administrative support to the PR & Marketing teams.
Journalist & Influencer Liaison
• Be the key point of contact for Beauty Assistants across print and online publications ensuring that they are contacted at least every 6 weeks
• Work alongside the PR Manager to outreach to key regional Press with monthly outreach to agreed contacts
• Handle and track product requests from journalists efficiently and in a timely manner
• Ensure standards are kept high to maintain reputation of the brand. Be a brand gate-keeper to ensure all mailings, releases and correspondence is on brand
• Manage relationships with top influencers, building strong activations for P&R
• Manage micro-influencer platform, working across teams to gather UGC for various needs
• Work with digital team on community management, with responding to comments and questions on our social channels
• Outreach to 5 Influencers per day and ensure that we continue to build on our relationships with these key brand supporters
• Bring insight into our social channels logging likes and engagement etc from PR & influencer leads
• Take ownership of regular outreach mailings to Influencers
• Assist with monthly reports and track influencer social media coverage
Media Monitoring & Research
• Monitor press cuttings and all types of media for Percy & Reed on a daily basis. Flag anything unusual/interesting and circulate to the team where appropriate
• Read and flag publications when they arrive in the office each day. Ensure these are then filed away correctly within 3 working days
• Researching press releases, industry news stories and trends to support key launches and seasonal tactical activities when instructed by PR Manager
• Pro-actively research new contacts and opportunities for the brand across print and online media and blogs daily. Identify 5 new blog opportunities per week
• Highlight potential new brand opportunities to the team outside the beauty pages. Feedback to team at weekly meeting and follow up on any deemed appropriate by PR manager
Press Releases & Mailings
• Assist with writing press releases and other materials
• Ensure that press releases are filed correctly, use up to date pricing and imagery
• Take ownership of press mailings and print production
• Monitor PR calendar and ensure all mailings are sent out to meet correct lead times
• Amend releases using InDesign for all markets
New Product Development Support & Copywriting
• Draft blog posts, emails and trend reports for review by the PR Manager and Marketing Director
• Work with NPD team on product & packaging copy needs
• Work NPD & Marketing Manager on product research on an ad hoc basis
• Control press product cupboard stock and efficiently order stock for launches and send-outs
• Compile weekly coverage report and monthly PR report
• Manage all press cuttings in terms of collation, presentation and distribution
• Compile competitor activity report each week detailing new launches & promotions
• Compile and amend press database as and when changes need to be made
The successful candidate will have:
• A minimum of 2 years PR experience in the beauty sector either agency or in-house and ideally some experience across digital and social channels
• Proven copywriting skills
• Established relationships in the media and influencer landscape (preferred, but not essential)
• Knowledge of the Premium Beauty Industry and genuine passion for beauty
• Event or launch planning experience
• Experience in overseeing social media accounts with thorough operational knowledge of Facebook, Instagram and Twitter
• Proficient skills in Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and Word
• Willingness to take on additional responsibilities, and help the wider team as required in areas outside of direct responsibilities
• Exceptional communication skills – written and verbal
This is a full-time position based at our head office in Oxford Circus
Candidates must have the right to work in the UK.
Candidates should apply by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and tell us why you would love to join Percy & Reed.
Please mention DIARY directory when applying for this position
Use the buttons at the top to share this vacancy.
The DIARY directory platform provides fashion, beauty and lifestyle industry news, interviews, dates, vacancies and contacts. Our huge database of contacts includes thousands of digital influencers, media titles (UK and overseas) and their editorial teams, freelance journalists and creatives, PRs and brands and representative agencies. Live and sortable social media stats for entries allow comparative analysis and insight within filtered sections, plus additional engagement metrics for industryINFLUENCERS.
Get in touch to discover how DIARY directory membership would benefit you.