Date Expires: Wednesday 12th July 2017
About the Company
Monica Vinader is an exciting British jewellery brand that celebrates individuality and creativity. Our accessible products and superior services are the epitome of inclusive luxury.
Monica Vinader jewellery is easy-to-wear, style and personalise. The brand has a number of stores worldwide, including four Flagships in London, New York, Dubai and Hong Kong and is stocked in the world’s premier department stores from Harrods and Selfridges in London to Shinsegae in Korea.
The brand’s unique designs and modern craftsmanship have won a diverse celebrity following including Olivia Palermo, the Duchess of Cambridge, and Kate Winslet. Our iconic friendship bracelets, vibrant gemstones and contemporary diamond pieces have made Monica Vinader a global success.
About the role
To help achieve our aims as a business overall, increasing awareness of the Monica Vinader brand via targeted media relations and driving the key brand and seasonal messages each season is vital.
An exciting opportunity to join our in-house Press team has arisen to help us execute our strategy as the brand continues to grow globally. The role will give the individual a good opportunity to learn about Press activities in a dynamic, fast growing business.
Reporting into the Head of Press and Marketing Communications the role involves supporting the running ofthe UK Press office with daily tasks and execution including responding to ad hoc requests from publications, press liaisons and relationship management, sample management, gifting, Press Day and other tasks.
The successful individual must have work experience in a professional role. They will need to have a positive ‘can-do’ attitude and strong communication skills. They should also be a self-starter with an ambitious spirit, willing to multi task resourcefully and work independently. The role has scope for progress and development and they should be keen to develop this further.
Ad hoc Editorial Requests
- Promptly answer phone calls and email enquiries from publications who are requesting images or product for Editorial placement or shoots
- Select appropriate products to suit requests, focusing on new collections and products that need support
- Save down all coverage achieved and manage effectively
- Coordinate coverage for evaluation and ensure relevant stakeholders are updated on press activity.
- Book and track couriers for all press deliveries and pick-ups, ensuring all deliveries are received at end address in a timely manner
- Chase all loans for return within agreed time period
- Build a strong network of press and media contacts through proactive weekly communication with all key target titles including desk sides
- Distribute press releases and hot sheets to press and partners
- Create weekly hot sheets in line with Global media planner, pulling on trends, seasonal moments and celebrity placements, to ensure frequent and relevant contact with media and secure coverage
- Seed and generate editorial stories in agreed target titles, as well as product placements, achieving defined and accountable results
Sightings and reporting
- Follow up on loans and gifting for Editorial coverage or Press sightings
- Manage and record image database, purchasing celebrity images when requested by Head of Press and Marketing Communications and distributing to regional partners and online
- Ensure all sighting and features are credited correctly
- Compile weekly coverage, event and activities report to share with key stakeholders
- Monthly Global Press and Celebrity reports promptly and circulate across the business
- Keep up to date with current and forthcoming trends, identifying ad hoc news opportunities and creative new ways to gain coverage – both in print and online
- Press sample generation, appropriate sample selection, daily send out coordination with stores and return of samples, including day to day liaison with our showroom team
- Ensure sample warehouse is accurate at all times
- Manage the send out and returns of product accurately
- Chase up any unreturned product or charge back any losses
- Conduct stock takes monthly
- Report any discrepancies to the Head of Press and Marketing Communications
- Manage all gift orders and coordination
- Wrap, pack and send all gifts to editors and VIPs as approved and log all details in relevant trackers
Press Day and Events
- Manage planning, preparation and execution of Press Day and other Events
- Activities may include researching suppliers, compiling price comparisons, booking flowers/hospitality, preparing merchandise, working with VM, and support hosting at the event
- Assist the team with any other ad hoc general assistance, including calling couriers and running errands
Skills & Experience
- The Press Executive must be flexible, willing to work the hours necessary to ensure deadlines are met, and able to perform well under pressure. This includes attending evening and occasional weekend events
- They must be self-motivated, extremely organised and capable of executing on time in order to ensure that their personal and department goals and objectives are met
- At least 2 years’ experience in public relations with an agency or in house in the luxury fashion/jewellery industry, and 5 years’ working experience
- Experience in running press launches and events resulting in building brand profile
- Excellent media knowledge and contacts in fashion/jewellery industry
- Sound grasp of a range of PR techniques
- Strong written and communication skills
- Continuously seek and enjoy developing innovative solutions
- Passion for jewellery and high level of knowledge and awareness for the industry
- Excellent time keeping and organisational skills
- Excellent project management and multi-tasking skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills; able to confidently interact with senior level management throughout the company, answer calls, emails and greet external guests professionally and courteously
- Good IT skills with experience using Word, Excel, E-mail and ideally Photoshop
- Experience with Fashion GPS or any other product tracker systems would be advantageous
- An energetic and can-do attitude
- Team player
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of duties to be performed by the employee. This job description may be altered to reflect the business needs of the company.
Please mention DIARY directory when applying for this position
No recruitment agencies