Date Expires: Saturday 15th July 2017
ITP Media Group is looking for an ambitious and talented Digital Editor to drive, manage and lead the online and social media platforms of the key and secondary Harper's Bazaar brands (five in total) plus our Best Dressed special edition. This encompasses presentation across web for desktop and mobile platforms and involves working in collaboration with the Marketing and Editorial teams with reporting to the Publishing Director.
- To work closely with the teams across the entire Bazaar brand portfolio, which includes, but is not limited to, ART, Interiors, Junior, Bride, Qatar, The Arabic Edition and Best Dressed, as well as events and marketing, to ensure that each is being presented to its full digital potential, and leading them into thinking about digital representation at every editorial, marketing and commercial opportunity.
- To develop a digital editorial strategy and editorial calendar with a schedule and guidelines that everyone is working to.
- To manage the workload and upload process of HarpersBazaarArabia.com on a daily basis, and its relevant social media platforms (currently 14 separate accounts across Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest)
- Help source and manage freelance media specialists for key digital projects such as Bazaar TV.
- To oversee and create bespoke regional online content for the site, as well as manage syndication of digital content from other Bazaar territories.
- Confidence to take the initiative and work with a small team and be prepared to work long hours to reach tight editorial and commercial deadlines when needed
- A working knowledge of basic content management systems (CMS) such as Wordpress and/or Drupal is essential. A fair knowledge of InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop is preferable.
- To respect the editorial integrity and international guidelines of the brands when producing online content.
- To understand and work within the commercial realities of publishing in the Middle East and the pressures of the current climate.
- To work closely with Hearst Media International HQ in NYC, and leverage on the resource and team in place, as well as working in line with their international brand guidelines, and managing necessary approvals on local content from international Hearst offices, e.g. cover stories for web.
Additional skills required:
- Creative flair that continually produces engaging stories for users / readers
- Structured, scheduled content management
- Brand and product development to support digital projects
- Ability to work well under pressure and maintain high attention to detail
- Sensitivity to the specific requirements and cultural considerations presented by this region
- A very good understanding of media and the media market place, but not defined by it, and most definitely able to think outside its traditional parameters
- The understanding that to survive in the current market, Harper's Bazaar is to be perceived as a brand supported by various products and platforms rather than simply a magazine supported by website
The type of candidate who will be successful in this role is someone who understands media as a whole, but is specifically experienced in digital launches and must have a minimum of two years' experience at Digital Editor level on a product, title or brand focussed on women's luxury lifestyle or fashion.
Crucially, the right candidate is flexible and has a can-do, positive attitude which shows they are respectful, responsible and dedicated, and by default demonstrate passion, brand understanding and leadership.
We are looking for someone who is dynamic, proactive, and tenacious and likes to work in a multicultural environment. The individual needs to be accountable, socially smart, savvy and inquisitive, and extremely organised, using their own initiative and communication skills. It is imperative that you are able to work well within a small, talented team.
Reporting to the Digital Content Director, the Digital Editor will manage a daily upload system that encompasses marketing collateral (newsletters, events and commercial competitions) plus any freelance image/video support required for specific projects or busy periods.
Candidates should appreciate that the role is based in Dubai and is office based, however travel on key projects may be required.
We offer a competitive salary and an opportunity to work on one of the region's most dynamic brands. Final package will be determined based on suitability and level of experience.
Please apply to firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy of your CV and a cover letter reflecting why you are the ideal candidate for this role. Please include ‘Digital Editor – Harper’s Bazaar Arabia’ in the subject field.
Please mention DIARY directory when applying for this position
No recruitment agencies