L'Oréal - Press Officer (YSL Luxe Division)
The Luxury Products Division of L’Oréal UK is seeking a dynamic Press Officer to drive the communications agenda for one of our luxury brands. As part of a small team, you will report to the Communications Manager and will be responsible for messages projected out into the press from creation through to implementation and analysis. You will already have been actively involved in brand campaigns on leading social media platforms including Facebook and Twitter.
Purpose of your new role
The purpose of this position is to generate positive and accurate editorial coverage of the brand’s products in the UK media.
Your key job accountabilities
- Maintain and create awareness of key strategic areas across the brand
- Maximise press coverage of the brand - building press interest in existing products and creating exciting new launch events
- Proactively pitch and secure features and negotiate representation in all relevant press features/product round-ups
- Build relationships with the Press and foster excellent working relationships with journalists/media through regular meets with the press and responding efficiently to incoming press requests
- Propose, closely control and manage budget for accountable PR activities, raise POs and monitor and invoice returns
- Liaise with Marketing Departments to develop briefs, present ideas, develop launches and communicate PR objectives, events and successes
- Work with Communications and PR Managers to actively lobby award panels and ensure consistent accreditation
- Use presentation and persuasion skills to influence journalists and internal senior managers
- Develop high quality and on-brand press materials with creative agencies
- Write high quality press releases, press dossiers and proposals in line with brand DNA
- Foster and accelerate digital pentration – twitter & facebook recruitment, content proposals and initiatives/affiliations
- Act as guardian of the brand’s DNA. Leverage personal and professional talent networks to drive endorsement of the products/brand
- Organise regular update meetings with marketing teams to monitor launches and plans
- Have a willingness to do "what it takes" including the practical, hands-on application of PR skills - stuffing envelopes, packing press bags, sticking and gluing presentation boards, circulating and filing cuttings, faxing press releases to the press
You will be overseeing all communication both internally and externally. Create strong long term relationships with all UK beauty journalists. Proactively seek-out all opportunities for media coverage: both traditional and bespoke.
Potential next steps following this role
Press Officer followed by a possible promotion to PR Manager or into the Communications Managers role. There are also promotion opportunities across the organisation in other brands, PR and merchandising departments (i.e. Consumer Products, or L’Oréal Profession products). Long-term International opportunities.
L’Oréal offers highly competitive salaries reviewed on an annual basis. Our profit sharing scheme gives all employees the potential to earn an additional 3&1/2 weeks salary as a bonus linked to turnover and profit. We offer a company pension scheme and a free life assurance scheme. We also offer childcare vouchers, a discounted dental care scheme and a wide range of optional benefits including a wine club and discounted gym membership.
Essential skills required
- Press contacts and ability to build and maintain relationships – personable and professional
- Multi tasking highly organised, attention to detail
- Resilient, confident in driving the media agenda
- Ability to work autonomously and in a team
- Excellent creative writing skills
- Excellent communication skills – written and verbal
- Digital expertise: social networks and blogosphere
- Highly creative - proven experience with launch ideas, events and promotions
- Minimum 3 years PR experience
- Experience working in a fast paced, pressurised environment
- Experience in FMCG, beauty or fashion sector
- Ability to sell-in concepts and stories
- Ability to negotiate with suppliers and internal teams
- Fluent French – useful but not essential
- Budget experience
What we look for
You set yourself demanding goals and demolish obstacles to achieve them. Focused on quality and attention to detail, you will not compromise standards. You probably think of yourself as an entrepreneur.
You define your own roles and constantly look for ways to exceed what has been asked. A passion for exciting projects gives you the energy to succeed in a flexible, high octane company.
You value innovation as a business strategy. You also try to keep up to the minute with current trends. Ultimately, you share our belief in flexibility as a way of life.
You are a real leader, creating a compelling vision and then communicating it with style and charisma. You’ve always been comfortable defending a point of view. You’ll thrive on the challenges that an international environment brings.
You feel that you have an aptitude for our profession through a true sensitivity to our products & our market.
Passionate about beauty, you understand the importance of aesthetic quality, detail and the perfect choice of colour.
All aplications to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please mention DIARY directory when applying for this position